Saturday, June 27, 2009

London, wonderful London

I'm hear after a very pleasant flight. For those of you that know me I am terrified of flying, so you know it was a really wonderful flight; baggage at the end is always a plus ;).

My flat mates are awesome and I feel really lucky to have met such wonderful people right from the start. We go out in groups often so I haven't had a chance to meet any of the locals which I'm looking forward to doing. The itenerary for class is fantastic and I'm so excited that I get to go to Stonehenge June 30th!!! Although I CANNOT get the Spinal Tap song out of my head. I shall have to wear my t-shirt that shows my insides on the outside (those of you familiar with the film will get that).

Of course my first meal was fish n' chips. Again, those of you who know me know I love to take photos of food. Rest assured the moment was captured in all it's greasy glory! Other than eating the local dishes I've just walked around London, getting my barings and enjoying this beautiful city. I took a historical tour of my neighborhood today which was excellent because I got to see the Ministry of Information which is the model for the Ministry of Truth in Orwell's 1984 (my fav book). My area reminds me of Georgetown, D.C (go figure) which is one of my favorite U.S. cities. I'm staying in the Bloomsbury district of London which is ripe with the same type of brick archetecture and wrought iron fencing.

Of course, well all know the real news...here is a pic of me ruminating the death...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment