Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fleas and friends

The Porte de Clignancourt flea market is perhaps one of the best shopping experiences ever. It would have been even more fabulous if I actually had disposable income. :) Below are some treasures of the market which is made up of more urban vendors (shoes, clothing) on the outside and an antique mall inside. I never did get my Michael Jackson tribute shirt, but hope to find one in my size around the city.

Oddities I really wanted to buy.

The most wonderful part of the day was having the opportunity to see Blythe and Gunnar, my friends who live in Germany. They came just to see me! Thanks guys!!! Blythe made me a cat pal (totally from scratch) for Ms. Penny. What a wonderful gift, I still cannot believe she did it herself. Ms. Penny is now with Blythe. On her way back to Germany she got to go camping and visit a monastery/brewery. This is incentive for me to go see Blythe in Cologne to retrieve her so she can experience the USA.
Ms. Penny meeting Minerva for the first time. They shall be reunited soon I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment