Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Bastille Day!

It's Bastille Day in France and I am trying to gear up to see some fireworks. People were already gathering on the stairs at Montmartre at 3pm today to catch the best seats. I got some great footage of street performers while there. I was also saved from the African bracelet vendors by the girls. They about tackled me to get the bracelet on my wrist so I'd have to pay.
Prior to Montmarte I finally got to go to Pere Lachaise Cemetery after years of fascination. Of course I saw Jim Morrison's grave. I was sad to see it looks so different then the photos I've seen of it. Someone stole his bust and years of vandalism led the cemetery to replace the entire site.
This gravestone was one of the most interesting I've ever seen.

I must also say I was very pleased with my very Parisian lunch of croque-monsieur Sorry Max, I had to do it (at least you didn't have to smell it). ;)



Update: The girls and I went to the Louvre to see the fireworks. What followed was perhaps one of the most wonderful times I've ever had. Over the past few years I've been kinda a wet blanket, this visit prompted me to ride the those swings again that I always loved as a child. Let go, let loose...it was entirely worth every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment