Friday, July 17, 2009

Home again home again jiggity jig

It's Friday and I've spent most of the day unpacking, getting to know the puppy again and catching up on my blog. The trip back was LONG but problem free. The first time I went overseas with Blythe I was quite depressed for a long while. I developed almost a reverse homesickness. I am not experiencing this at this point. It hit me a bit when I went to the grocery store, which is where it hit me before, but I'm OK. Mostly I just miss my new friends. I don't have many close relationships here and it was great meeting more people in 3 weeks I could be friends with then in the 8 years I've been in California. I believe Paris really made me appreciate the USA, which is something I would never think to come out of my mouth. This is in no way a complaint of Paris as this thought alone was worth the trip. I believe we learn from every experience. I must say, big shout out to the Paris police!! They saved me when I was coming back from the Metro and getting harassed with a friend. Without going into much detail I couldn't see anything like that happening in the USA. I wanted to thank them so much and was completely blown away that surveillance cameras really do work!

Anyway, I'll write more later. Still trying to clean up the house and going through 3 weeks of mail and bills.

Here are some pics of Early, my little man!

Thank you all for giving me such a wonderful experience!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment