Friday, July 3, 2009

History, oh wonderful history!

Jen and I took the tube to the Tower of London which was really great if you are into Henry VIII. I saw a wonderful exhibit called "Dressed to Kill" (no, not the Eddie Izzard version). The exhibit showcased the Kings armory and weaponry. The striking issue was the large "codpiece" that was fitted into his battle armor (sorry, photos were prohibited).
Photos of me at The Tower of London enjoying morbid things.

I really didn't observe much of British culture today as I spent my time doing purely "touristy" things. I finished the day at The British Museum which, of course, is spectacular. Don't judge, but I did not see the Rosetta Stone. I almost wanted to just take a picture of the duplicate at the gift shop.
My favorite object so far at The British Museum.

Well, I am really missing my puppy "Early" and Max (as mentioned in my first post). I can't believe it's over a week so far. Not feeling "homesick" per say, but just wish I could at least talk easier as 9 hrs. is a big time difference to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment