Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Like a kid again

Today is the last day in London. ARGH! A fine wrap-up, however, as I got to play in the Diana Princess of Whales Memorial Playground in Kensington Gardens. Adults (without a child) are only allowed to "play" between 9:30-10am, so this was a rare occasion. As you can see Ms. Penny is helping me stear the ship. See, she's alive and well-not baked in a pie.


I decided to be captain of the ship!

After walking through Kensington and Hyde parks I went to Harrod's which blew me away with their food court and toy store. I bought my little cousin her very own Paddington Bear traveler edition so she can hopefully be inspired to escape Detroit like cousin Heather.

I'm very sad to leave London. I've really grown accustom to the politeness and character of the city. I've been without the restraint of televisions or cell phones for two weeks and do not miss it one bit. Adaption usually comes very fast for me, but I have a tendency to develop a sort of reverse-homesickness when I leave Europe. I'm fully prepared for the depression that will set in when I get back home. Max and Early will snap me out of it. I do miss them so!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment