Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tourist traps

July 4th passed like any other day here in London of course. It was my mom's birthday though and that is very special!

Today I met up with the girls at the Tower of London and walked to the London Dungeon tour. Pretty much a huge tourist trap, but fun none-the-less. The tour takes you through underground "caverns" where an actor tells of the history in full character. One room illustrates torture devices, another shows the story of Jack the Ripper while another simulates what it was like to be hung (sans the noose). Photos were prohibited but I recorded audio which I will be using for a podcast to follow.

I did get a nice shot of the restrooms which gives you an idea of the touristiness of the place. The other photo is an employee relaxing outside the dungeon.



I did have a bit of a scare as I was waiting outside the Tower of London for the girls. A huge amount of smoke began billowing from afar and I started thinking of the worst. Turned out to be just a regular fire I'm assuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment